SEA-TITAN project related news

The electricity sector recorded a deficit of 1,508 million in April, 90 million less than expected.

The provisional tariff deficit of the electricity system, which occurs because the recognized costs of the regulated activity are lower than the revenue obtained through tolls, stood at 1,508 million euros in the fourth settlement for the month of April, a figure 90 million euros lower than expected, has reported Tuesday the National Commission of Markets and Competition (CNMC).


Total revenues amounted to 4,221 million euros, while total costs stood at 5,729 million (-1%). Given that revenues have not been sufficient to cover all recognized costs, the coverage ratio (the ratio between the costs that can be paid with available revenues and those that should be paid out of provisional settlements) was 69.3%, the regulator said.

Specifically, 63,700 installations have been liquidated and the accumulated provisional liquidation and on account for this fourth 2019 liquidation amounted to 2,445 million euros (before VAT or equivalent tax).

As a consequence of the temporary mismatches between revenues and costs of the system, the coverage coefficient of 69.3% has been applied. Thus, the amount to be paid on account to producers amounts to EUR 564 million (before VAT or equivalent tax).

Meanwhile, the provisional payment on account for the same period charged to the General State Budget (PGE) was 27.6 million euros before VAT or equivalent tax.

Consumer demand stood at 63,433 gigawatt hours (GWh), a fall of 3%. With regard to supply points, at the end of 2018 the electricity market was made up of 29.4 million supply points, of which 61.7% (18.1 million points) were supplied by a trader on the free market, while the remaining 38.3% (11.3 million points) were supplied by a reference trader through the so-called PVPC.

Gas sector

89 million, 2.7 times more than in the same period in 2018. The coverage ratio in this fourth settlement was 97.6% of credited remuneration.

999 million, 5.6% less than the same period in 2018. The total net liquidatable income amounted to 936 million, 3.7% lower than the same liquidation of the previous year. Liquidisable costs amounted to 17 million, 17.8% lower than the same period last year.

Meanwhile, domestic demand for gas in 2019 invoiced up to April 30 was 103.9 terawatt hours (TWh), an increase of 3.5% over the same period in 2018.

The number of consumers declared by the distribution companies at the end of April amounted to 7.9 million, with a year-on-year increase of 57,445 consumers (+0.73%), of which 6.31 million (80%) are supplied at a free price and 1.57 million (20%) at a last resort tariff.

Add Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Get in touch

Let us know you opinion.
We appreciate your feedback!